The room in any house or property that gets most use is the living room. From sitting alone to read a book to enjoying a family film on the sofa or listening to music with your partner, this room serves so many purposes. With that in mind, it really is worthwhile making your living room as stylish and luxurious as possible. As home improvement ideas go, this is definitely one worth doing.
Amazing style tips for any living room
Even if you are not experienced at interior designer, there are lots of easy ways to make your living room more stylish and inviting. Here are some of the best you can consider right now:
- Plantation shutters – a very popular style of shutter, plantation shutters bring eye-catching appeal to your living room. Available in a range of designs and colors to suit your personal taste, they are easy to fit and use. The plantation style is particularly good for living rooms as the moveable slats allow you to control how much sunlight comes into the room.
- Be brave with color – there is merit in keeping it quite neutral in this room but why not up the style by being braver? From aquatic blues that help make it more relaxing to warm terracotta’s for that Mediterranean feel, the paint on your living room walls makes a big different to how the room feels.
- Velvet sofas – you will know that the sofa is the major piece of furniture you need in any living room, and it is also a chance to add some style. Go for a sofa in a luxurious fabric like velvet, and in a funky color to create some pizazz in your room.
- Large rug – one of the staples of any stylish living room is the feature rug. This can be very practical in covering up any worn carpet or distressed wooden flooring that you want to hide! Make sure you not only pick a rug that has an elegant pattern and luxurious fabric but also one that is large enough to look perfect when put in place. Buying one that is too small can really detract from your living room’s finished appearance.
- Artwork – one of the classic ways to give your pad that gallery, designer look is with some fabulous artwork. Paintings are the obvious choice – just make sure they are hung in the right place and that they blend in with your overall color theme. Of course, sculptures and small statues can be just as effective in terms of visual impact if you have the space for them.
Style it out in your living room
Families spend lots of time in the living room, so it is important to make it look stylish. You do not want to be in a place that annoys you or that doesn’t feel right. The above tips offer some easy and effective ways to quickly add some instant style to any living area. When complete, you will love the new look that you have created for your room.