- CBS 26048 (Only available on LP format).
- CBS BJS 39322 (Only available on LP format).
- Album Produced by Peter Guber and Jon Peters.
- Musical supervision by Michael Dilbeck.
- Production assistant: Missy Alperin.
- Leo Arnaud "Bugler's Dream" (From Charge Suite):
- Conducted by Felix Slatkin.
- Published by Shawnee Press, Inc.
- Loverboy "Nothing's Gonna Stop You Now" (Team Sports Theme).
- Written by Paul Dean, Bill Wray & Mike Reno.
- Produced by Paul Dean & Bill Wray.
- Recorded & Mixed at Little Mountain Studios, Vancouver.
- Engineered by Dave Slatgter.
- Second Engineer: Pat Glover.
- Published by Dean of Music / Mel-Dav Music Inc. / Bree Music / Duke Reno Music.
- Giorgio Moroder "Reach Out" (Track Theme):
- Vocal: Paul Engemann.
- Composed and Produced by Giorgio Moroder.
- Lyrics written by Giorgio Moroder, Richie Zito, Paul Engemann.
- Recorded at Oasis Recording Studios.
- Engineered & Mixed by Brian Reeves.
- Published by GMPC.
- Bob James "Courtship" (Basketball Theme):
- Written by Bob James.
- Produced by Bob James.
- Recorded at Minot Sound Studios, White Plains, NY.
- Engineered & Mixed by Joe Jorgensen.
- Additional Recording: Media Sound, NY.
- Published by Wayward Muisc Inc.
- Christopher Cross "A Chance for Heaven" (Swimming Theme):
- Written by Burt Bacharach, Carole Bayer Sager & Christopher Cross.
- Produced by Michael Omartian.
- Recorded at Lion Share Studios, LA.
- Engineered by John Guess & Chet Himes.
- Mixed by Chet Himes.
- Published by New Hidden Valley Music / Another Page / Carole Bayer Sager.
- Toto "Moodido (The Match)" (Boxing Theme):
- Written by Steve Lukater, David Paich, Jeff Porcaro, Michael Porcaro & Steve Porcaro.
- Produced by Toto.
- Recorded at Villa Studios.
- Engineered by Shep Lonsdale, Greg Ladanyi, Al Schmitt & Tem Knox.
- Horn Arrangement: David Paich, Marty Paich & Jerry Hey.
- Published by Otot Music.
- John Williams "Olympic Fanfare and Theme":
- Composed and Conducted by John Williams.
- Produced by Jack Elliot.
- Recorded at the Record Plant, Studio M.
- Engineered by Dan Wallin.
- Published by Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.
- Quincy Jones "Grace" (Gymnastics Theme):
- Composed and Arranged by Quincy Jones & Jeremy Lubbock.
- Produced by Quincy Jones.
- Recorded at Westlake Audio.
- Engineered by Tommy Vicari.
- Second Engineer: Greg Laney.
- Mixed by Tommy Vicari.
- Published by YellowBrick Road Music / Neropub & Hollysongs.
- Bill Conti "Power" (Power Sports Theme):
- Composed and Conducted by Bill Conti.
- Produced by Bill Conti.
- Recorded at A&M Recording Studios, LA.
- Engineered & Mixed by Lee DeCarlo.
- Assistant Engineer: Clyde Kaplan.
- Mixed at the Record Plant, LA.
- Published by Billco Music Co.
- Foreigner "Street Thunder" (Marathon Theme):
- Written by Mick Jones.
- Produced by Mick Jones with Alex Sadkin.
- Recorded at the Hit Factory.
- Engineered by Frank Fillipetti.
- Assistant Engineer: Boby Cohen.
- Published by Somerset Songs Publishing & Evansongs Ltd.
- Herbie Hancock "Junku" (Field Theme):
- Written by Herbie Hancock, Foday Musa Suso, Bill Laswell, Aiyb Dieng.
- Produced by Bill Laswell, Herbie Hancock.
- Mixed by Dave Jerden at Eldorado Studio, LA.
- Recorded at Evergreen Studio, NY.
- Engineered by Rob Stevens.
- Second Engineer: Lothar Segerler.
- Additional Recording at Artisan Sound Recorders, LA.
- Engineered by Howard Seigel.
- Second Engineer: Tim Dennen.
- Published by Hancock Music Co. / OAO Music.
- Philip Glass "The Olympian - Lighting of the Torch":
- Composed and Performed by Philip Glass.
- Conducted by Michael Riesman.
- Produced by Kurt Munkacsi.
- Recorded at R.P.M./NY and Warner Bros./Burbank, CA.
- Engineered by Dan Dryden & Robert Fernández.
- Published by Dunvagen Music Publishers, Inc.
- © 1984 CBS Inc.
- Side One
- Leo Arnaud "Bugler's Dream" (From Charge Suite) (0:55).
- Loverboy "Nothing's Gonna Stop You Now" (Team Sports Theme) (4:03).
- Giorgio Moroder "Reach Out" (Track Theme) (3:44).
- Bob James "Courtship" (Basketball Theme) (4:01).
- Christopher Cross "A Chance for Heaven" (Swimming Theme) (3:44).
- Toto "Moodido (The Match)" (Boxing Theme) (4:41).
- Side Two
- John Williams "Olympic Fanfare and Theme" (4:06).
- Quincy Jones "Grace" (Gymnastics Theme) (4:30).
- Bill Conti "Power" (Power Sports Theme) (3:44).
- Foreigner "Street Thunder" (Marathon Theme) (4:01).
- Herbie Hancock "Junku" (Field Theme) (3:59).
- Philip Glass "The Olympian - Lighting of the Torch" (3:17).
Total Time 44:15.
The Olympian - Lighting of the Torch (Midi File).
The Olympics embody the spirit of man's and woman's optimum achievements, a coalition of body, mind and spirit welded into a moment of time. Capturing these reflections in another medium - music - was our goal, and so we sought for this musical event - a rainbow of talent eloquently expressing inspirational and creative energies in a language crossing all boundaries, uniting the very best elements of mankind.
Peter Guber and Jon Peters.
I can think of no event to compare with the Olympic games which makes us so conscious of our shared humanity, our common fate. The torch lighting ceremony strikes me as the essential symbol, the summing up, of this, our shared consciousness. Surely it is a rare event in the life of any artist when he is asked to make a personal contribution to such a public event. It has made this for me a uniquely challenging and inspiring experience.
- Philip Glass.
GlassPages - Philip Glass on the Web