- A conversation with Philip Glass by Claudio Chianura in Milan in November 1997.
- An interview with Philip Glass on his collaboration with African musician Foday Musa Suso by Iris Brooks.
- An interview with Philip Glass on his collaboration with techno musician Richard D. James aka Apex Twin in Future Music Magazine, October 1995.
- A conversation with Philip Glass on La Belle et la Bête by Jonathan Cott.
- An interview with Philip Glass by Alex Christaky. This interview was recorded at the Royal Lancaster Hotel in London in 2nd July 1994, when Glass was touring his new opera La Belle et la Bête.
- Glass interview in Keyboard April 1987 by Bob Doerschuk.
- Michael Riesman interview in Keyboard April 1987 by Bob Doerschuk.
- Philip Glass interviewed by Bryan Reesman on his methods, motives, and his life published in April 2002 issue of Mix magazine.
- Michael Riesman and Kurt Munkacsi interviewed by Paul Verna on recording and editing Philip Glass's Symphony No. 5 posted as a Pro Tools user story.
- Songs in the key of death by Kim Hughes is an article/interview with Philip Glass on Dracula published in Now magazine on November 2, 2000.
- Kafka Under Glass is a query and answer session with Philip Glass on In the Penal Colony published in Arts Patron magazine in October 2000.
- Michael Riesman interviewed by Andrew Shapiro from 21st Century Music in March, 2000.
- Godfrey Reggio interviewed by Alex Jouve on Koyaanisqatsi and his trilogy of films at Cafe Digital.
- Godfrey Reggio interviewed by Jan Herman about his films Koyaanisqatsi, Powaqqatsi, Anima Mundi, Naqoyqatsi and his collaboration with Philip Glass for MSNBC on March 16, 2000.
- Interview with Philip Glass by Antonio Della Marina (in Italian and English) including Real Audio files with the answers.
- Philip Glass interviewed on-stage in Chicago by his cousin Ira Glass aired on radio show Fresh Air on September 21, 1999.
- Getting an (After) Life: Interview with Philip Glass by Amazon.com published in September 1999.
- Philip Glass; Dracula lives!: Interview with Philip Glass by Sharon McRill, Borders.com Video Editor published in September 1999.
- Philip Glass Profile written by himself for Baldwin Piano Notes published at Culture Finder in March 1999.
- Philip Glass interview on Monsters of Grace published in La Republica on January 25, 1999 (in Italian).
- Is Glass Half Empty? is a very interesting article and interview with Philip Glass by Ethan Smith on his relation to the music Establishment published on January 19, 1999 issue of New York Magazine.
- The Cinematic Experiences of Composer Philip Glass is a transcript of the live chat interview on his new recording of Koyaanisqatsi at Sonic Net on January 11, 1999.
- Philip Glass returns to Koyaanisqatsi by Tristram Lozaw interviewing Philip Glass on his new recording of Koyaanisqatsi, published on January 7 - 14, 1999 issue of The Boston Phoenix.
- Philip Glass interviewed by Derek O'Connor at Belfast Festival (Northern Ireland) in November 1998 for Muse.
- Philip Glass interviewed on Monsters of Grace in Naples (Italy) on November 6, 1998 for Media Mente.
- Glass Menagerie is an article by Marc Weidenbaun with Philip Glass talking on his multiple careers, from musician to composer to record-label magnate.
- Philip Glass's Five Disc Recommendations at Classical Insites.
- Philip Glass interviewed by Marco Spagnoli on Monsters of Grace (in Italian).
- Philip Glass interviewed on the world premiere of O Corvo Branco by Cristina Fernandes published in Portuguese newspaper Público on September 26, 1998 (in Portuguese).
- The Virtual Theater is an article by Marc Weidenbaun with Philip Glass talking about his contribution to the score of The Truman Show.
- Philip Glass interviewed by Sven Ahnert on Kundun published at Musik & Theater Magazine in May 1998 (in German).
- Philip Glass interview on Pulse magazine by Bill Snyder about Tibet, music and the making of Kundun, published on February 11, 1998.
- Philip Glass live chat interview at Carnegie Hall Artists Chats presented by CultureFinder on January 5, 1998.
- Philip Glass interviewed by Brad Tyer about Les Enfants Terribles published on October 28, 1997.
- Godfrey Reggio interviewed by Michael Dare about Koyaanisqatsi, Powaqqatsi, and the triumph of substance.
- Season of Glass by includes a very interesting interview with Philip Glass by Ted Drozdowski in March, 1997.
- KUCI Interview with Philip Glass in March, 1997 talking about Heroes Symphony.
- Interview with Philip Glass by Cameron Barrett on April 4, 1995 for the campus newspaper of the Western Michigan University.
- Low Life is an interview with Philip Glass by Ron Diamondstein and Dave Elzey in 1993 talking about Low Symphony.
- First Lesson, Best Lesson is an interview with Philip Glass published in Buddhist magazine Tricycle, issue #2 in 1992.
- Philip Glass in conversation with Thomas Moore. The interview took place on 10 October 1981, before a performance of the Philip Glass Ensemble at the Pension Building (the National Building Museum) in Washington, D.C.
Papers on his music
- Notes on Einstein on the Beach by Philip Glass.
- Notes on Akhnaten by Philip Glass.
- A View Through Glass. This is an article which looks at Glass's development though his life and influences.
- The Works. This article looks at Alex Christaky personal view of the composers works.
- La Belle et la Bête by Point Music.
- The Voyage by Barrymore Laurence Scherer on the opera by Philip Glass from the Metropolitan Opera 92-93 season.
- Glass Plus is an article by K. Robert Schwarz published in Opera News on October 1992.
- A "Peace Symphony", the "Choral Symphony" by Philip Glass is an article by Jürg Stenzl published with the program of the World Première of Symphony No. 5 (Choral) at 1999 Salzburg Festival.
- Court Theatre includes complete information on In the Penal Colony.
- Teatro alla Scala includes information on Le Streghe di Venezia (In Italian).
Opinions and Criticism:
- Silent Films Never Had It So Good by Michael Riesman on Powaqqatsi and Koyaanisqatsi published in Keyboard Magazine in September 1991.
- Minimal Music and the Composers by Dean Suzuki.
- What is Minimalism Really About? by Tom Johnson published in The Village Voice Magazine in June 1977 and in the book The voice of new music : New York City, 1972-1982 : a collection of articles originally published in The Village.
- When Less Means More an article on Philip Glass by John O'Mahony published in UK newspaper The Guardian on November 24, 2001.
- Review of The Music of Candyman at Cinemusic Online by Ryan Keaveney.
- A Forest from the Seeds of Minimalism is an essay by Kyle Gann on postminimal and totalist music written for the program of a 1998 minimalism festival of the Berliner Gesellschaft fur Neue Musik.
- When 2+2 Isn't 4 is an article by Kyle Gann on Monsters of Grace after its performance at Brooklyn Academy of Music published on December 30, 1998 issue of The Village Voice magazine.
- Tibet seen through rare Glass is an article on The State of Tibetan Nation: A Madrigal Opera by Peter Schimpf published in Bloomingtom Independent on November 12, 1998.
- American Composers: Philip Glass, Getting the Maximum From the Minimalism is an excellent profile by Pulitzer Prize-winning Washington Post writer Tim Page published in Washington Post on August 23, 1998.
- Monsters of Immersion by Randall Packer is a complete and very interesting article on Monsters of Grace.
- Philip Glass goes 3-D with new avant-garde opera by Jane Wollman Rusoff on Monsters of Grace and Philip Glass own biography published in CNN Interactive on July 24, 1998.
- Are you Ready for Digital Opera? by Justin Davidson on Monsters of Grace published in Los Angeles Times on April 12, 1998.
- A short essay on Philip Glass and his music by A. I. Mattila.
- Heart of Glass: Summing Up the Sound of America's Most Successful Composer, is a very interesting article by Richard Goldstein published in American magazine The Village Voice in December 1997.
- House of Glass is a review by Margaret Regan on Les Enfants Terribles for a performance at UA Centennial Hall in Tucson (USA).
- Family affair is a review on Les Enfants Terribles by Kim Surkan published in A&E magazine published on October 2, 1997.
- 'Les Enfants' like nothing you've seen is a review on Les Enfants Terribles by Robert Jones published in Spoleto Today on June 6, 1996.
- Teatro alla Scala includes information on Le Streghe di Venezia (In Italian).
- My Journey Through The Looking Glass by Howard Shih on The Second Symphony.
- A seminar on Philip Glass music by Juliet Barret on his techniques, Music in 12 Parts and Akhnaten.
- Glass's opera revolution by Neil Evans on La Belle et la Bête.
- Einstein Temporal (O caso de Philip Glass) is a short essay on Einstein on the Beach by Eric Ponty (in Portuguese).
- A critique of Philip Glass music by Glen Ford.
- ThanitART - Minimalia includes an article on minimalism by Giampiero Bigazzi, an interview with Philip Glass by Claudio Chianura and some comments by Arturo Stalteri (In Italian).
- Survey of Minimalist Music to 1974, including information about Philip Glass by Jeffrey M. Radcliffe.
- An essay about Contemporary Music including information about Philip Glass by Philip Cartledge.
- Minimal music, Philip Glass und seine oper "Orpheé" by Florian Schulte (in German).
GlassPages - Philip Glass on the Web